Emperor Christian Victor I

Emperor Christian Victor I

Sunday 25 March 2012

Wonderful Weekends (State Portrait Queen of Hispania)

As a Grande Finale to a great week of blogging and a wonderful weekend, I'd like to post one of my favourite pics. I might end each week with an amazing picture depicting something related to, you guessed it, Royalty.

I love "state portraits" whether they are photos or paintings. This one was the first to be released after the Queen of Hispania broke her self imposed internal exile. It carries her new found confidence with a certain "old-world" majesty. It's very traditional and quite straight to the point. She is standing as symbol of her proud nation, resolute and passionate, looking forward into a new and promising even though, challenging future.

No comments:

Post a Comment