Emperor Christian Victor I

Emperor Christian Victor I

Saturday 4 May 2013

Wonderful Weekends (New Commemorative Postage Stamp)

In this day and age of emailing, postage stamps have become a virtually redundant oddity. Some young people do not even know what they are. However they will always have a place if nowhere else than in history and also like Royalty, in symbolizing timeless traditions. 

A week ago the new Royal Art Gallery was opened in the Principality of Swann. To commemorate the event, a postage stamp was printed. It employs one of the featured art works of the Duke of Swann exhibited in the gallery's maiden exhibition. 

The postage stamp was designed by a good friend of the Duke of Swann, as a surprise. A small percentage of the sales of the stamp will go towards the Royal Art Development Fund. 

We thank Arianne Solivio for her effort in creating the postage stamp.

2 comments:

  1. I'm old enough to know what is a postage stamp! Ha! Ha! Ha!

    *sigh*

    Beautiful stamp! Congrats to Arianne Solivo, it's cool that she has a WordPress blog, I have a WordPress account, so I can follow :-)

    I don't understand, though, your blogs are similar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy her blog. The similarities and our meeting on the internet were entirely coincidental. I am thinking about working a bit of a crossover for the stories. Will be fun to visit her kingdom and to have her dolls visit mine.

    ReplyDelete